Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the deal between Fashion Technology Accelerator and the startup entering in the acceleration program?FTA invests 100K € in the company in exchange for 10% of the company’s equity (40K € capital + 60K € services).
We are expert business advisors involved in crafting the startup’s business (such as revenue analysis, KPIs definition, business development and more) and marketing (brand identity, buyer personas, SEO, DEM, marketing automation, advertising campaign and more) strategy, fundraising (crafting the documentation, reaching out to potential investors, organizing dedicated events), product optimization (UX analysis, technology assessment, discussions with stakeholders inside major companies) and much more, click here to discover additional information.
We define a tailored acceleration program for each of the companies willing to enter inside our portfolio. We do not work in batches to provide the maximum added value to the accelerated companies, finding solutions to problems in a timely and efficient manner.
We do not consider deals based on success fees for either successful fundraising rounds or business development activities.
- No, the team can keep on working from their hometown while coordinating with our team in weekly dedicated video calls. In case the company is B2B, we strongly suggest to be in Italy for at least two weeks during the program in order to properly introduce the startup to selected parties.
- We support the business development of startups through introduction to selected parties inside the Italian ecosystem, including brands, retailers and institutional partners. We also help in the definition of a dedicated sales and marketing strategy, including identifying leads, creating precise documentation and crafting quotes.
- We contact our mentors depending on the needs of the startups, defining a clear match between the company and the mentor’s experience. We organize structured conversations in which the company can gather precious insights from C-level executives and professionals.
- The partners offer dedicated support and discounts. Our team has carefully selected the partners stemming from both our personal experience and startups’ feedbacks, leveraging on the most crucial activities of startups that are usually outsourced.
- The startup should be already on the market, having tested an MVP and having already the first clients. This holds both for B2B and B2C.
Considering the sector, we only consider companies that are active in fashion, luxury, retail and accessories who show a strong technological or digital trait.
We do not select purely creative brands. However, if you are a fashion designer we have put together a short brief on the companies in our portfolio that could be of interest for you.
- Always. We open calls on F6S at regular intervals but it’s possible to apply also reaching out to us directly either contacting email@example.com or (click to know more) using our form.
- A pitch is sufficient at a preliminary stage. It’s crucial to highlight the solution presented, including the market, competitors, relevant metrics and the experience of the team.